Following my fellow bloggers, I have Seven Quick Takes for you for this week.
1) Yesterday was a crazy day. Teacher Man and I were supposed to go to a retreat all the way across town with the rest of our staff, but when it snowed a little (and, really, people anywhere else in the country would have laughed at how little snow we got), the retreat was canceled. It doesn’t snow here very often, so when it does the whole city pretty much shuts down and becomes a complete parking lot. Because of this, I went from thinking that I was going to have to be away from Little Man all day to getting to spend pretty much the whole day with him! Wonderful.
2) Today, I went to a baby shower for one of my friends/ coworkers. It was lovely seeing everyone and the shower itself was a perfect blend of chatting and structure. I loved seeing everyone and it was a pleasant reminder of all that is behind me as Little Man’s mother and all that is still yet to come.
3) Only two more weeks of school until Christmas break, and I’ll tell you that it cannot come soon enough. I am so tired and trying to balance everything at home and at school is starting to take its toll on me. I know that it’s nothing compared to what some people have to go through — single moms having to give up their kids all day long to work in a low-paying job — but it’s still hard. I’m ready for a couple of weeks to just spend with family and to ready ourselves for Christmas.
4) Little Man had butternut squash for the first time today and he LOVED it. It’s not surprising, considering that it’s one of my favorite foods and he received a few of my genes somewhere along the way. 🙂 It’s so fun to see him try a new food, and we’re very lucky that he’s liked everything he’s tried so far.
5) On Thursday night, Teacher Man and I went to one of the winter beer festivals in town. While I hate missing bedtime with Little Man, I know that it’s good for Teacher Man and I to get out and just be a married couple every once in awhile. It’s important for us to remember that before we’re Little Man’s parents, we’re husband and wife to each other. I know that as we get older and we (God willing) have more children, that’s going to be difficult. However, I hope that we can still make it a priority and get out every once in awhile.
6) I’m only about halfway done with my Christmas shopping and I have no idea what to get Teacher Man. This is a Problem and I’m going to Solve It. Just as soon as I have enough brain power to do so.
7) This face. Oh my WORD. 🙂